Second Governing Body Meet
Jansons Institute of Technology
The second General Body Meeting of Alma Connect – JIT Alumni Association was conducted on 15-08-2023 at Jansons Institute of Technology from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Mr. D.Sugan – President, Mr. K.Ashwin Kumar – Vice President, Ms. M.Vishnu Priya – Secretary, Ms. G.Vijipriya – Treasurer, Mr. J.P.Praveen Kumar – Member and Mr. N.Bhuvanesh – Member virtually joined for the meeting.
Mr. R.Arivuthurai – Vice President, Mr. S.Ragu – Secretary and Mr. S.Prakash – Alma Connect Coordinator joined for the meeting physically.
Dr. M.V.Sureshkumar, Dr. K.Mahendran and Mr. S.J.Davis Hans were also present during the meeting.
Dr. M.V.Sureshkumar, Director welcomed the gathering. Mr. S.Prakash, Alma Connect Coordinator disclosed the agenda for the meeting. Summary of the discussions follows.
- As proposed the Alumni Meet shall be organised on 01 October 2023 (Sunday) marking the 10 years since the first batch graduated.
- 2009-2013 to 2012-2016 Batches are to be invited for the Alumni Meet, as they were acquainted during the four year program in the campus.
- Around 250 alumni along with their family members are expected for the Alumni Meet.
- Registration can be closed on 31 August 2023 to ensure an organised conduct of the alumni meet. A 10 days extension can also be provided for registration.
- A request to invite Faculty members who were associated with JIT during the period from 2009 to 2016 was made.
- To coordinate with all alumni, 5 alumni members from each batch (one from each department) shall be identified.
- The alumni meet shall start with a common opening session followed by alumni interactions batch wise at Lecture rooms.
- Few requests for accommodation at campus are expected from alumni members.
- A suggestion to invite a Chief Guest was made, if deemed necessary.
- A formal invitation to all alumni members via mail and over call is suggested.
- To plan activities during the alumni meet, subsequent meetings will be scheduled after identifying the coordinators.
The meeting came to an end by 12:30 PM.